Create Pro by MacFinder

Forums

OpenCore on 5,1 w/RX580 with two ACD, worked in “Update on” mode but. . .

Home Create Pro Forums Products Desktops Mac Pro Mac Pro 2009-2012 OpenCore on 5,1 w/RX580 with two ACD, worked in “Update on” mode but. . .

1 month, 1 week ago
  • This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated No Replies by AvatarCharles.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      Down
      Mac User

Hi Charles
      My 5,1 I got from you isn’t liking OpenCore and running two monitors. Got it all installed and upgraded to Catalina and both monitors were running.
      When I went to swap the EFI to the Dual Socket>Updates Off “EFI”, I lost my right monitor. I checked power supplies, cables etc so I went back to the Updates On “EFI”.
      Now when I try to boot up with just the right monitor in the left port, it won’t turn on either.
      If I plug the right monitor in the left port and the left monitor in the right port, I get the Catalina screen on the left monitor with no log in options, and the right monitor is still black.
      So now I’m just down to one monitor.

UPDATE

Now neither monitor is working. I’ve tried all combinations of power supplies and plugging them into my MBP but nothing is working. Can two monitors kack out within hours of each other, seems very strange.

Any ideas?

thanks
      Rob

• Up
      Down
      Mac User

Ya, so both monitors died, just by chance when I was working with OpenCore.
      Oh well I got 15 years out of both of them and one was still colour accurate.

• Up
      Down
      Create Pro Staff

Hi Rob,

Which graphcis card do you have please? It is unlikely there is actually an issue with the displays at all.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AvatarCharles.

Join the ultimate Mac Pro community

High Performance MacBook Pros

Is it time to upgrade your portable workstation?

• Save over 20% from retail
  • Huge range of models to choose from
  • Up to 3 years warranty
Upgrade Today

Configure Your Mac Pro

Build the Mac Pro you need from the ground up

• Built bespoke to your needs
  • Industry leading 3 year warranty
  • Refurbished and built by our certified technicians
Configure Your Mac Pro