Create Pro by MacFinder

Forums

nVidia GTX 780vs GTX780Ti, will Mac Pro 2009 Logic board upgraded to 5,1 support

Home Create Pro Forums Community nVidia GTX 780vs GTX780Ti, will Mac Pro 2009 Logic board upgraded to 5,1 support

1 month ago
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated No Replies by AvatarPuket18.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      Down
      Mac User

My GeForce GTX 980 stopped working and I have to revert back to Radeon HD 5770. My machine specs are as follows, it is a 2009 machine, the logic software was upgraded to 5,1

Model Name: Mac Pro,   Model Identifier: MacPro5,1 ,   Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon,   Processor Speed: 3.46 GHz,   Number of Processors: 2,   Total Number of Cores: 12,   L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB,   L3 Cache (per Processor): 12 MB,   Memory: 48 GB and OS 10.12.6

I am considering nVidia GTX 780 or 780Ti or even GTX 980 or 980Ti, my concern is, will the logic board support the power supply without damaging or overloading. I am using Adobe Photoshop and Premier, I am also using Capture One for my raw images. Adobe works better with DUDA and Capture One prefers OpenCL. As I understand, the cards I am interested are supporting both CUDA as well as OpenCL, it this correct, or are there any other better options. Also how far I can push with OS, I understand the Mac Pro 4,1 and 5,1 are only supported up to OS 10.14 to OS 10.15.

Is it best to have these card flash, will non flash card will also work as good. Can fellow expert help me.

Regards

Puket18

Join the ultimate Mac Pro community

High Performance MacBook Pros

Is it time to upgrade your portable workstation?

• Save over 20% from retail
  • Huge range of models to choose from
  • Up to 3 years warranty
Upgrade Today

Configure Your Mac Pro

Build the Mac Pro you need from the ground up

• Built bespoke to your needs
  • Industry leading 3 year warranty
  • Refurbished and built by our certified technicians
Configure Your Mac Pro