Create Pro by MacFinder

Forums

Another Mojave Question

Home Create Pro Forums Products Desktops Mac Pro Another Mojave Question

1 month ago
  • This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated No Replies by AvatarCharles.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      Down
      Mac User

I’ve got an early 2009 Mac Pro upgraded a few years ago to 5,1 together with 6 core Intel Xeon, 32 ram, AMD FirePro D700. The machine has 3 internal hard drives (TB each) with one used as Time Machine back-up.

However, just discovered compatibility issues with Adobe CC updates…. my guess it’s OS High Sierra. Obvious solution (besides buying new Mac) is to try updating OS to Mojave. The app store states the GPU needs to be ‘Metal’ (which mine appears to be) and that I require a firmware instal upon rebooting… sounds simple but it’s an old upgraded mac so maybe there could be problems I’m unaware of.

Like everyone, I can’t afford to be left with a dead machine and having read ‘xaeretvfx’ rabbit-hole posting I wondered if anyone had any additional pointers that might help steer me away from any potential nightmare.

Gerry

• Up
      Down
      Create Pro Staff

Hi Gerry.

Your D700 graphics card which is likely a AMD 280X if it came from Create Pro will support metal. If you use this link you can download Mojave from the App Store.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?ls=1&mt=12

It will prompt you to perform a firmware upgrade when you are booting into the installed, you just have to shut the Mac Pro down and hold the power button for 10 seconds until you hear a long beep.

If you need any help just let me know.

Charles.

Join the ultimate Mac Pro community

High Performance MacBook Pros

Is it time to upgrade your portable workstation?

• Save over 20% from retail
  • Huge range of models to choose from
  • Up to 3 years warranty
Upgrade Today

Configure Your Mac Pro

Build the Mac Pro you need from the ground up

• Built bespoke to your needs
  • Industry leading 3 year warranty
  • Refurbished and built by our certified technicians
Configure Your Mac Pro