A recent Yosemite update (10.10.2) fixes a known OSX 10.10 issue which causes Wi-Fi to disconnect. The update is now available on the Mac App Store.
Full list of changes below:
- Resolves an issue that may cause Wi-Fi to disconnect
- Resolves an issue that may cause Web pages to load slowly
- Fixes an issue that caused Spotlight to load remote email content when the preference was disabled in Mail
- Improves audio and video sync when using Bluetooth headphones
- Adds the ability to browse iCloud Drive in Time Machine
- Improves VoiceOver speech performance
- Resolves an issue that causes VoiceOver to echo characters when entering text on a Web page
- Addresses an issue that may cause the input method to switch languages unexpectedly
- Improves stability and security in Safari
The Yosemite Wi-Fi disconnect issue has plagued users since release, hopefully this update will put the problem to bed once and for all.