The HP Z820 brings 16 CPU cores of workstation power and unparalleled customisation potential
You probably know Create Pro as ‘The Custom Mac Pro Guys’, well you might have to change that to ‘The Custom Workstation Guys’ as we are delighted to add the HP Z820 workstation to our line up. Not happy with just taking care creative professional’s specific needs within the Mac Eco-system, we want to expand to take care of all creative professionals, whether they use PC or Mac.
Of course the Mac Pro 5,1 is a monster, our support for the HP Z820 in no way means we are ending our love affair with the Apple classic, but the Z820 is simply too monstrous a workstation to not support.
Here’s a brief rundown of the kind of customisability the HP Z820 offers:
- Dual CPU configurations:
- We’ll initially be offering 2.6GHz & 2.9GHz Xeon E5 16 core (2x 8 core) options
- Up to 512GB RAM:
- You read that right, half a terabyte of RAM
- 16x RAM slots supporting up to 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 DIMMs each
- 6 PCIe Slots for GPUs, SSDS & more:
- 4x PCIe 3.0 x16 lanes & 2x PCIe 3.0 x8 lanes
- Support for up to 3 full speed PCIe 3 GPUs
- 4 SATA 3 HDD bays:
- Full speed SATA 3 with built in hardware RAID
- 3x SATA 3 5.25″ bays:
- Supports optical drives, HDDs & SSDs
- Built in connectivity:
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 7x USB 2.0 ports
- 6 SATA 3.0 ports
- 8 SAS ports
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Headphone port
- Microphone port
As you can see from the brief information above, the Z820 is an absolute beast of a workstation.
Customise your own HP Z820 here.
Keep an eye open on the blog for a more in depth look at the HP Z820 professional workstation coming soon.